Teams: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create my own virtual team? Public or private?
- First, decide on your unique team name. Looking for ideas? This link, RUNNING TEAM NAMES has a list of about 500 names for running teams that you can choose or use for inspiration.
- During the registration process (on active.com), after you select your event and create or enter your active.com login information, you will be asked if you want to join or create a team, and whether you want your new team to be public or private. Enter your team name there. Note you do not need to register other members of your team at this time… they can join your (public or private) team when they register (or even log in and join your team after previously registering without a team).
- If you make you new virtual team public, anyone else registering for the Wildflower Run will see your new public team name and be able to join the team. If you make your new virtual team private, you will be asked to create a password for your team that you can then share with other team members who will be registering for the Wildflower Run. (All runners registering will see your virtual team name, but if it is private they will need your password in order to join it.)
- You also have the option to prepay for other, specific members of your team while you are registering yourself and your team name. (Other team members will subsequently need to create an active.com userid, login, and complete their own registrations.)
A friend or family member has created our team. How do I join it?
- You will need the team name from your “team captain” who created the team. If it is a private team, you will need the password the team captain created. If it was created as a public team, anyone can join the team.
- During the registration process (on active.com), after you select your event and create or enter your active.com login information, you will be asked if you want to join a team. Select your predefined team from the drop down menu. If it is a private team, you will be prompted for the password.
- Your team captain may provide you with additional information, such as a running app that your team may be using to share training and inspiration.
I have already registered, but now I want to join my friend’s team. Is it possible to join a team post-registration?
Yes! active.com allows you to edit your registration any time between now and the run date.
- Login to active.com
- click on your name in the upper right hand corner
- Find the Wildflower Run under My Events and click on it.
- You will now see blue buttons: one of them is Join a Team. Select the team you wish to join. (If it is a private team, you will need the password from the team captain.)
I created my own private team, and am the captain. My team has registered. What should I do next?
If you have created your own private team, you may already have an established method of communicating with your team members.
Running Apps – If you would like to try a running app as a means of communicating with team members, there are many great, free apps. CLICK HERE for suggestions.
If you decide upon a running app for the team, create your team on the app and invite your team members to join you. You can create (or share app-provided) team challenges, share results and accomplishments, and inspire each other as you train together (virtually) and work toward common goals.
In addition, we’ll be emailing teams weekly challenges. If you follow us on Facebook and Instagram. we will be offering team challenges there as well, giving you opportunities for entries in our prize drawings.
Since this is virtual, can I join two different teams for two different Wildflower Run events?
No, active.com limits an individual registration to just one team.
I have registered my family of 4, 5, or 6. Can I also create a team or add my family to an existing team?
No, active.com treats a family (with the family name you specified) as a type of team, and active.com limits an individual registration to just one team. If you prefer to be part of a larger team, you can (instead of registering as a family and utilizing the family rate), ask for a group discount (of $5 pp) and join the team. Contact registration@WildflowerRun.org for group discount requests.
I created and/or joined a team (or family registration). Are we all running the 2K, 5K or 10K?
Your team participation is not linked to what event you registered for on active.com. Everyone on your team will choose (when they register) among the 2K Fun Run, 5K Run, 5K Walk, 5K Stroller, 10K Run, 10K Walk, and 10K Stroller events.